Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Making basil pesto


Our class made pesto from basil leaves. We put it in the blender and the leaves got chopped up small. We are making the pesto for the Harvest Festival. 
Room 3 Shared writing



This is the recipe we used:

Basil Pesto
Into a food processor place about 2 packed cups of basil leaves, 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced, ½ cup of good quality olive oil, ¼ cup parmesan cheese (optional) and salt and pepper to taste.
Puree until they form a smooth paste. Store in the fridge or freeze in small containers.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds very yummy, I will have to try and make some just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Room 3. I have lots of basil growing in my garden at home so maybe I could make some pesto too over Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just harvested lots of things from our garden this morning. And Talei used the basil leaves to make the pesto recipe from school. It was delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sounds interesting and delicious. I think I will have to try it the next time I make some pasta. Best Wishes from Germany!

    ReplyDelete