Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Grandparents' Day



Grandparents’ Day
Do you know that there is a celebration that HES has? Grandparent’s Day! Ivy asked us to line up nicely and we went to the squishy hall. After that, we sang for our grandparents, then we went to the top courts to eat morning tea.
by Kelly-May



Did you know that yesterday was grandparent’s day. My Nanna and poppa were here because they wanted to see us. My poppa can speak Japanese.
by Naomi

Yesterday, it was grandparents’ day. I was so excited! Do you want to know who came? I’m guessing you want to know. My granddad and my Nanna and my gran. When they left, I was about to sob because I love them.

by Sophie

Yesterday was grandparents’ day, you can bring your Nanna, poppa, grandma and grandpa to school. I brought my nanna and grandma. My Nanna brought some delicious brownies for the class. My grandma got lost and I thought she had gone without saying “good bye”. But then she came back to the classroom later on. I felt so sad when she went.
by Isabel

Yesterday, we went to the squishy hall. Were you there? Did you know it was grandparents’ day? We sang a song for them. They cheered and clapped for us. Would you like to know what songs we sang? We sang “City Life with I Love the Mountains, Islands, We are Aotearoa”. Then we made flowers with them.
by Adnan

Yesterday, we had grandparents’ day but my grandma is in China. First, we went to the tiny hall. After that we went back to the classroom. My whole class sang them the songs “Islands, We are Aotearoa and I Love the Mountains”.
by Winowa


Yesterday was grandparents' day. My nana came and it was fun. First, we made some flowers with them. Then Ivy said to leave everything because we will have morning tea up top. The big kids did the Kapa Haka. Then my Nanna left. I said “Thank you for coming.”
by Scarlett

No comments:

Post a Comment