Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gingerbread men

This week our class is split up into four groups with the children from Shelley, Danielle and Ms Daniels class. We are having a fun week of learning experiences while Danielle's class is being refurbished.

The children working with Hine and Kate are listening to the story "The Gingerbread Man" then making gingerbread and retelling the story.

They get a copy of the recipe and their very own gingerbread that they made.

Gingerbread Man where have you run? You ran away before we could have fun.
Here is the recipe so you can make some more Gingerbread.


How to make Gingerbread

6 ½ tablespoons of butter               
½ cup of brown sugar
2 cups of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3 teaspoons of ginger
½ cup of molasses (or golden syrup)
currants

Make sure a grown up is in charge.
1.    Cream butter and sugar together.
2.   Mix dry ingredients and molasses until
you have a dough.
3.   Knead with your hands and roll out on a
floured board.
4.   Cut out cookie shapes using cookie cutter.
5.   Place on a greased tray, add currant eyes
and bake in oven 180o C for 10-15 minutes.


8 comments:

  1. I Iike making the gingerbad men

    it taesn gen, by vanessa.
    I like making the gingerbread man. It tasted good. By Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like making the gingerbread men I had fun making them by siya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like makin the gingerbreab men the like etin bay sofia.
    I lke making the gingerbread man. I like eating it. By Sofiia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy room6 you guys made gingerbread mans lucky.At home Nandita has be asking mum to make gingerbread but she didn't made any.
    Namrata room10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I was away when you were baking. Do you know why that might be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious I wish I was there
    have fun baking next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow they look dialysis guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks yummy.I think I might make some when I go home today.

    ReplyDelete